Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weird Family weekend


After an exhausting Friday at work I made Guy take me to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner. So yummy, I would highly suggest trying them if you haven't already done so. That was actually a nice start to the weekend. The boys were even good at the restaurant, which almost never happens. So then we get up Saturday morning and get ready to leave for Central Utah to my brother-in-laws wedding. My in-laws live in Mayfield, it's a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. :) The wedding was outside at the park there in town, which happens to be across the street from a dairy, the ceremony was short and sweet. The bride looked pretty, they had a kind of western themed wedding. The groomsmen were in their black wranglers with green button up shirts. The bridesmaids and flower girls were in beautiful purple dresses. The reception was very laid back. There were sandwiches, chips, and of course cake. The cake was delicious. After the reception we went back to the in-laws and visited until about 10 pm. We for some strange reason (we were too lazy), didn't pack any over night bags for us. We were just planning on coming back that night. But we were having so much fun catching up with some of the family. I do miss them at times, and us Adair step-moms have go to stick together. :)

After we were done visiting we drove up to my moms house in Woodland Hills, by Spanish Fork, and decided we were too tired to drive home. We spent the night there and hung out the next day to have birthday dinner for my sister Serena. She turned 13 on Friday. So we had taco's for dinner and homemade pies for dessert. My dad makes the best pies ever. Or so I'm told since I don't really like fruit pies.

Did I mention that Ashley was a little ornery?
Caden holding his little cousin Jason
Mommy helping Zach hold Jason


Then we got home and someone had decided to be tremendously nice to us and had brought over some food from Smith's caselot sale. I will probably never know who did that for us. But it was so amazingly generous and self-less. If I ever find out who it was I'm sure I'll be too overcome with emotion to even say anything. It is one of the nicest things that has happened to our family. It's great to know that we are being looked after even if I don't know who is looking after us.

2 comments:

Jay and Ang said...

wow. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. We're glad you had fun at the wedding and were able to spend time with the Lewis' for Serena's Birthday. Can you believe she's 13?

...and to top off a great weekend? How generous of (whoever) who dropped that food off to you guys. I'm really glad you know that people are looking out for and thinking of your family right now. We love you all and miss you like crazy!!!

Jay and Ang said...

I like your new page.