Friday, September 26, 2008

10 Years



On Wednesday Guy & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Sometimes it's really hard to believe that we have been married for 10 years, others it seems like it has been much longer. I asked Guy what he would say our first date was, he looked at me and said did we even go on dates? I said I can only think of a couple. We started out as friends, I thought of Guy as the big brother I never had, then one day his sister said wouldn't it be funny if you two dated. So one thing led to another and a year and a half later we were married. The last 10 years have been crazy, I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Even though we sometimes argue and drive each other nuts, there is no one else I'd rather be with. Last Monday Guy asked me about iPod's, I let Jake take mine on his mission because it doesn't play video so I have Jake's, mine was a cute little blue nano, Jake's is a huge black 30GB monster that has absolutely no battery life. So anyway Guy asked me after using Jake's for the past 4 months which one I liked better? Did I like the little nano or the big one. I told him that I liked the nano the best, and then I told him about the cool new nano's and how they had a purple one (I'm somewhat obsessed with purple), and all the things they did. So on Wednesday after we had dinner, I said "Hey we could go over to Best Buy and get me an ipod", He says "They don't have one", I said "well Kari said she saw a purple one at Wal-Mart", he says "nope they don't either", I said "How do you know?" He says "I drove all over trying to find you a new 16GB purple ipod and couldn't find one anywhere." I turned and said "Ah you really do love me."

I feel so lucky to have Guy in my life and to have the 5 kids that we have. I couldn't ask for better kids. Jake, Megan, and Ashley are the best step-kids in the whole world and I love them so much.This is Guy and I on our first anniversary. We were sealed in the Manti Temple.

1 comment:

amber said...

wow! I can't believe it has been 10 years! Congratulations!!