Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wow! Been Way to long!

So I know that I've been away for a long time. Truth is I've been too busy facebooking, reading, and being lazy. Not a whole lot has been going on here. We had Christmas it was nice went down to my mom's house went sledding. Sledding, now that was fun. I hurt myself more than once but that's what it's all about right? Then came New Years, went down to Guy's parents house. Played some fun games, went sledding again! Hurt myself some more. Decided I'm too old for sledding.

Then came the January blahs! Had some tough weeks. In November my Grandpa Bown passed away, he'd been sick for a long time so it was a blessing for him to not be in pain anymore, but still sad to see him go. His funeral was the Saturday after Thanksgiving. My brother was able to come home for the funeral, and was actually the one that presented my uncle with the flag from my Grandpa's coffin. Then in January my Grandma Lewis passed away, she too had been sick for a long time. Both will be missed by everyone who knew them.

January 27th brought around Guy's birthday. I took him out to dinner while Ashley watched the boys for us. She sure is a sweet heart sometimes. He was somewhat disappointed as we hadn't baked a cake for his birthday. But I knew a secret, Megan was coming home for the weekend and had called and told me she wanted to make a cake and bring it up. I figured that two cakes was too many. So we had cake and ice cream with her over the weekend. Ashley went to a school dance that weekend. She looked very pretty. It's hard to believe that she is 16 and old enough to date.

Now around to February. Still nothing to exciting. We made a snowman last weekend. Megan came up again, which was wonderful. She gave us a wonderful valentines day gift of a gift card to Texas Roadhouse, and two movie tickets so that we could go on a date. She then said we were to go and she was watching the boys for us. She took them to get pizza and to get some popcorn at the store. Then brought them home and gave them a bath and watched a movie with them. The next day we played some games as a family and had a wonderful time.

Well that brings us up to this weekend and that shall be saved for another post all to itself.

I'll try and post a photo slide of the last three months soon as Guy gets home with his computer and the photos!

1 comment:

Jay and Ang said...

I hear ya. We have been slacking too. I love your backdrop. I actually almost used the same one a while back. :) Miss you guys!